»

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wanna know what I think?!

Well, obviously you do or else you wouldn't be reading my blog. :o) So, I have had several people asking me, "Why after all these years are y'all changing what y'all believe?" and, "Why aren't you carrying on the traditions that y'alls church was built on?" Well, I have Bible for those questions. :o)  I had this scripture for my devotions and I thought I should share with you. :o)

Matthew 15:1-9 (ESV) 

“Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” 3 He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God, 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: 8 ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Instead of just preaching all that we were taught when we were young we are taking a closer look at the Bible and seeing how God wants us to live. God is our judge and if we are in alignment with God then He will let us know when we are doing something wrong. :o) Some people have a closed mind, but if you are open to letting God get in your brain and rearranging your thoughts then you will be amazed at how much is in your Bible and how much that we think is in the Bible. If anyone wants to hear more on this you can visit our church website and watch podcasts of my Pastor teaching on it and giving more details than I did. My pastor is the World's Greatest Pastor/Preacher/Teacher/Singer and if you think otherwise than I will disagree. :o)

Here is our church website link http://cornerstonefortworth.org/
Hope you guys enjoyed my mini sermon. :o) And here is a picture to balance out all of the words :o) Some of the youth group went to our Granbury daughter work to help with their Fall Festival.
A few of  us stopped by Downtown Granbury to go into a couple of stores :o)
More pictures to come, but for now it's bedtime!!!! :o)
Peace, Love & FALL!

0 comments :